Governor’s Announcement: We are OPEN
Governor Holcomb issued a stay at home order from March 25 – April 7 for non-essential businesses. His office is recommending chiropractors to stay OPEN so we can keep nerve/muscle/skeletal pain patients out of high-risk physician offices and hospitals, as well as keeping those doctors and rooms available for potential COVID-19 patients.
Why are Chiropractor’s essential health care providers during this COVID-19 pandemic?
- Research shows Chiropractic treatment is one of the best forms of treatment for musculoskeletal pain and conditions and has shown to improve immune system function for adults and kids.
- Chiropractic treatment is essential for keeping patients from going to the MD or ER for issues that can be addressed and/or resolved by going to the chiropractor. This keeps the MD’s and Hospital rooms available for COVID-19 Patients during this pandemic.
- Patients with neck pain, back pain, headaches, sciatica, shoulder, wrist, hip, ankle pain, etc. should visit their Chiropractor first to be properly diagnosed and treated.
We at Gilmore Chiropractic are monitoring the COVID-19 situation very closely and want to assure you that the health and safety of our patients is of utmost importance, as is preventing the community spread of the coronavirus. We are currently following the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, American Medical Association, American Chiropractic Association, Indiana State Chiropractic Association, state, and local recommendations. Our office is constantly being cleaned and sanitized.
We recommend the following:
- If you feel ill, particularly if you have a fever, cough, shortness of breath, have generally been ill in the last 2 weeks, or have been in contact with someone in your household who has been, PLEASE DO NOT ENTER THE OFFICE. We are happy to talk and help you by phone.
- If you may have been exposed to anyone with coronavirus, or think you may have been in contact with someone else who has, PLEASE DO NOT ENTER THE OFFICE. Please call the office.
- The above applies to anyone who may accompany you to your appointment and may enter the office.
- Sit 6 feet away from people not in your party. We have positioned chairs in the office to accommodate recommendation. There will be 10 people or less in the office at all times.
- We continue to work hard to provide you with the best customer service possible to provide you with timely chiropractic adjustments and services. As always with our office, your adjustments will always be one-on-one with the doctor.
Stay well adjusted and keep yourself healthy so your immune system is functioning at it’s best!
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to call or email our office.
Yours in Health,
Dr. Gilmore and Staff
What is Chiropractic?
We are located between Christian Brothers Automotive and Bridgewater Apartments on 148th & North Gray Road
Our address is:
14801 Market Center Dr.
Carmel, IN 46033
Our hours are Monday – Thursday from 9:30am-12:30pm & 3pm-6pm
Is Chiropractic Care Right For Me?
People are using chiropractic treatment from hundreds of years. Read seven FAQ’s about Chiropractic Care.
What Does a Chiropractor Do?
The doctor of chiropractic analyzes your body for vertebral subluxation, a severe form of spine and nerve stress, using his/her hands and other analysis tools, and then corrects or removes any spinal nerve stress using various spinal adjustment techniques.
What is Subluxation?
Subluxations come from stress. It may occur in infancy from a difficult birth or from childhood falls. Later in life, emotional tension or stress can gradually damage your spine or violent injuries from automobile accidents or sports can suddenly knock you “out of whack”.
Nearly everyone eventually gets spinal nerve stress and so is affected by subluxations. It is a “hidden epidemic” and it is for that reason that we all need to have our spines checked for this condition by a doctor of chiropractic every once in a while, just as we get our eyes, teeth and blood pressure checked!
Chiropractic Care Only For Spinal Cord?
All kinds of conditions are treated with chiropractic care, such as colds or ear infections, PMS, spinal or disc problems, arthritis, insomnia, stress, vision problems, headaches, allergies, bedwetting, colic, high blood pressure-the list is long! And yet, please remember, the goal of chiropractic treatment is not the treatment of disease but rather the enhancement of health through the reduction of spinal nerve stress (vertebral subluxation complex).
The above list may seem long as though chiropractic were a Panacea. The truth is that most textbooks list over two hundred diseases. Please be mindful of the fact that chiropractic care is not like one drug used for one condition, but on the contrary, it is a complete healing art within itself, concerned with the systems of the body such as nervous, circulatory, digestive, respiratory, eliminatory, reproductive, hormonal, musculoskeletal, etc., and seeks to correct health problems within those systems.
When Did Chiropractic Start?
The first chiropractic patient was treated in 1895. Dr. D.D. Palmer performed the first chiropractic” spinal adjustment” on his deaf janitor, Harvey Lillard. Lillard’s hearing returned and Palmer thought he had discovered a cure for deafness. But as patients with digestive troubles, sciatica, menstrual trouble, migraine headaches, epilepsy, heart problems, back pain and many other conditions responded to spinal care, Palmer realized that he had discovered something more far-reaching indeed.
What Is A Spinal Adjustment?
Chiropractors perform treatments by working with the bones and nerves of the spinal column and spinal cord respectively. Chiropractors spend years of highly specialized training in order to locate where misplaced spinal vertebrae are impinging the nerves which travel down the spinal cord and out through the spinal column to the muscles, organs and glands of the body. After locating the vertebrae impinging the nerves (subluxations) the chiropractor, using various highly specialized techniques, is able to replace the misplaced vertebrae and thus release pressure on the nerves. That is called a spinal adjustment
Can Medical Patients Have This Treatment?
You can receive chiropractic treatments even if under medical care. Having your spinal nerve stress corrected is important no matter what other type of care you’re receiving. You can have your spinal column checked for vertebral subluxations by a doctor of chiropractic and still visit a doctor of homeopathy, naturopathy, osteopathy or medicine. M.D.’s and other healers cannot tell if you’re suffering from spinal nerve stress (vertebral subluxations) and are not trained in correcting it.
No matter what disease or condition you have, you can benefit from a healthy spine. Spinal health can be as important for your overall healing as proper nutrition. Are you and your family carrying the silent killer, the vertebral subluxation complex, in your spines? Only a chiropractic spinal checkup can tell.
Post Chiropractic Treatment Care
In Chiropractic there are other significant factors besides vertebral adjusting, including five laws to obey for those who desire health and longevity:
- Proper nutrition
- Adequate rest
- Moderate exercise
- A positive mental attitude
- Proper nerve supply.
Among the many things contributing to your health:
- The quality of the air
- Food and water you take in
- How you handle emotional stress
- Your inherited weakness and strengths
- Your use of drugs, exercise, and relaxation
- A healthy spine is absolutely essential
- In some people it is a major factor and can make the difference between a life of health
- Strength and vitality or a life of disease, weakness and disability
What Our Patients Say About Us
Governor’s Announcement: We are OPEN Governor Holcomb issued a stay at home order from March 25 – April 7 for non-essential businesses. His office is recommending chiropractors to stay OPEN so we can keep nerve/muscle/skeletal pain patients out of high-risk physician...
Office Closing AnnouncementWe will be closed on the following days:Thursday, July 25th: MORNING CLOSED. OPEN 3:00pm -6:00pmMonday, July 29th: CLOSEDTuesday, July 30th: CLOSEDWednesday, July 31st: CLOSEDThursday, August 1st: CLOSEDWe will resume regular office hours...
We'd like to thank all of our patients throughout the years, and we look forward to serving you for many more! If you're ready for a life of extraordinary wellness, be sure to give our office a call to setup your next appointment with Dr. Gilmore!!Call 317-587-2727...
Gilmore Chiropractic is on Facebook
Make An Appointment Today
Fill the form below to send an appointment request to Gilmore Chiropractic. Appointment requests will be confirmed by telephone or email.
VISIT OUR OFFICE
Address: 14801 Market Center Dr. Suite 150
Carmel, IN 46033
Phone: (+1) 317 587 2727
Subscribe Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our office.